Welcome to the website of the Faculty of Humanities. As an international student, you have a lot of opportunities to pursue your studies here either as a guest student or as a full-degree student. You can find out training programmes for full-time students here.
As a guest student, you can choose from the following options:
For further information, please contact:
Rector's Office/International Relations Department
University of Pécs
Vasvári Pál u. 4.
Tel: +36 72 /501-509
Fax: +36 72/251-527
If you wish to study or teach at our Faculty under the Erasmus+ programme, please visit the central website of the University, where you can learn about the application procedure.
Students who have already been nominated and have already applied can see the current list of courses by clicking on the link below.
Why is it worth studying in Pécs?
If you come to study to the University of Pécs
- You will study at the first university of Hungary – founded in 1367 – which has an exceptionally wide range of traditions and fields of inquiry.
- You can study at one of the largest Hungarian institutions of higher education in the company of 26.000 students, nearly 10% of whom are foreign students.
- You can choose a relevant area from numerous high-quality programmes at an affordable price.
- At the end of your studies you will earn a valuable EU degree.
- You will get high quality training. UP was second in a survey conducted on higher education in 2014 in terms of teaching excellence.
- You will have an incredibly busy student life in a true university town with lots of restaurants, bars and cafés.
- You will take your classes in well-equipped, high-quality classrooms.
- You will have plenty of Central European experiences and a chance to discover several neighbouring, easily accessible countries.
- You will pursue your studies in a multicultural environment.
- You will be living in a unique, wonderful town – in 2010 Pécs won the very prestigious title of the European Capital of Culture.
- You will be able to take a walk in the historic centre of Pécs, which is part of the UNESCO World Heritage. Pécs is often mentioned as the town with Mediterranean qualities.
- You will enjoy the benefits of low living costs in a secure environment.
The Faculty in numbers
Currently there are nearly 5,000 students studying at the Faculty of Humanities, the University of Pécs in 24 BA, 36 MA, 21 PhD and 8 international (BA, MA and PhD) programmes. Its 250 lecturers and 20 research centres are more than happy to welcome foreign students on the campus.
With its own swimming pool, sports hall and sports field, the Faculty offers numerous opportunities for sport and recreation. The campus is located in a protected botanic garden.