As part of the application procedure, students coming to study at our Faculty are provided with information on all the important tasks to do. Upon their arrival, foreign students should contact Áron Bánáti, the international coordinator in Office 108, Block D (Ifjúság Street campus) during the following opening hours:
Registration at the Immigration Office
Every foreign citizen is required to register at the Immigration Office. EU/EGT citizens must do it within 90 days and non-EU citizens within 30 days after their arrival. For the required documents please contact the Faculty coordinator. For more information and booking an appointment, please visit the website of the Office of Immigration and Nationality at http://www.bmbah.hu/index.php?lang=en. Address: 7623 Pécs, Csend u. 3.
Tasks to do at the beginning of the semester – 2014
Enrolment (only in the first semester)
Deadline: 7 August – 5 September 2014
- Action by: Students, Registrar’s Office
- Procedure: though the MODULO system at modulo.tr.pte.hu
using the EHA code and the ETR password
Enrolment should be done by filling in the enrolment form, which contains important information in regard to the intention to enrol and enrolment itself. After filling out the form through the MODULO system at modulo.tr.pte.hu, it should be printed, signed and sent to the Registrar’s Office. You can access the MODULO system by using your EHA code and ETR password.
At enrolment students are required to present the original copy of the degree certificate that serves as a basis for admission as well as its official English translation.
Registration (from the second semester)
Additional enrolment is not required during student status. In the subsequent semesters students are only required to indicate whether they intend to continue their studies in the given training period (Active semester) or suspend their studies (Passive semester). Registration on should be done in the ETR (https://www.tr.pte.hu).
Deadline: 7 August – 5 September 2014
- Action by: Students, Registrar’s Office
- Procedure: Electronically in the ETR (https://www.tr.pte.hu) using the EHA code and the ETR password to access the system.
Registration for courses
for full-time students: 29 August – 5 September 2014
- Action by: Students
- Procedure: in the ETR both for full-time and part-time students. The list of courses can be found on the web platform of the ETR from 7 August 2014.
Options for modifying the registration for courses (withdrawal, late registration)
- Deadline: Until 19 September 2014
- Action by: Students
- Procedure: In the ETR
Withdrawal from a course
If there are conflicts in the student’s timetable or for any other reason the student does not wish to take the course registered in the ETR, he/she can withdraw from the course in the ETR before 19 September. This deadline is important, because there is no possibility to withdraw from a course later.
Late registration for courses
The student’s timetable or withdrawal from a registered course may make it necessary to register for a course after the regular registration week. The deadline for late registration is also 19 September. This deadline is important, because there is no possibility to register for a course later.
The tuition fee can be paid in two instalments (each of them 50% of the full fee).
- deadline for payment of the first instalment: 5 September 2014;
- deadline for payment of the second instalment: 15 October 2014
You can meet your payment obligation in the following ways:
- VPOS: Payment by credit card on the ETR web platform
- POS: Payment by credit card at the terminals installed at the Customer Service of the Central Studies Office and at certain cashier’s offices
- by bank transfer: Name of university: Pécsi Tudományegyetem, bank account number of the university: 10024003-00282716-01110009, the message field of the money order should contain your name, EHA code, the cost centre number you were given and the semester;
- in cash: cash payment at the cashier’s office of the Faculty
For the financial information of your training programme (such as payment status, requesting an invoice or tax certificate), please contact the Central Studies Office:
- Website: kti.pte.hu
- Email address: email@example.com
- Mailing address: OIG KTI 7633 Pécs, Szántó K. J. u. 1/b.
- Phone: 72/501-681
- In person: at the Customer Service Centre from Monday through Thursday from 9 am to 3 pm, Friday from 9 am to 12 am, Saturday from 9 am to 12 am (only during the term of classes)
- 7633 Pécs, Szántó K. J. u. 1/b. (Faculty of Adult Education assembly hall)
- 7622 Pécs, Universitas u. 2/A (Knowledge Center)
Please check your financial data on a regular basis in the ETR and if you see any deviation, report it at the Central Studies Office.
Please note that you can access the regulations in force at the University, financial information and forms at kti.pte.hu at any time in an updated version.
Applying for a student ID
- After enrolment, the application for a student ID should be initiated at the Government Office located at 1 Szántó K. János utca (opening hours: MON–FRI 8:00-20:00).
- Then you can start the application through the MODULO system by filling in the “Application Form for the First Student ID”.
- The ID number in the top right corner of the NEK adatlap (National Uniform Card System Data Sheet) received in the Document Bureau must be entered in the form (example: 130201-BAR030-0001).
- You should make sure that the data in the MODULO system are exactly the same as the data shown on the NEK Data Sheet. If you see any deviation, please contact the Registrar’s Office and request modification of your registered data.
- After the application is saved, a HUF 1400 administration fee is generated in the ETR, which should be paid within two weeks at the Faculty’s cashier’s office (Block A, press 5 in the elevator, opening hours: MON–THUR, 09:00–15:00, FRI: 09:00–14:00).
- A few days after payment you should check in the ETR if payment has actually been made. Please keep the document certifying payment in every case!
- If the application goes without any problem, you can pick up your student ID at the Government Office within something like 1 month.
- Until your ID is ready, you can apply, not later than within three days after the application for the student ID is submitted, for a certificate which entitles you for reduced travel fares. The certificate is issued by the central library (address: 7622 Pécs, Universitas u. 2/A) and can be picked up at the Central Studies Office next to the cafeteria on the ground floor.
- This application can only be submitted by students with an active student status and the certificate for reduced travel fares may only be issued to students with an active student status.
- The student ID is validated by a sticker during the time of the active semester, which should be extended every semester. The sticker for the autumn semester is valid until 31 March and the sticker for the spring semester until 31 October. The student ID sticker is given by the Central Studies Office (KTI).
Frequently Asked Questions (for first-year students)
What should I know about enrolment and registration?
After enrolment at modulo.tr.pte.hu, you should fill in an electronic enrolment form which you should print and submit to the Registrar’s Office in accordance with the schedule of the current semester. At enrolment you should also state whether you want to set the first semester to active or passive status.
Through the ETR (www.tr.pte.hu, Training/ matriculation, Changing status tab) in accordance with the schedule of the current semester (by setting status to ACTIVE)
AER Section 15 “STUDENT STATUS”
AER Section 36 “ENROLEMENT AND REGISTRATION”
How can I postpone a semester?
Students may suspend their student status several times but contiguous suspension of student status may not last longer than two semesters and total training time may not be double the time specified in the training and output requirements – including both active and passive semesters.
AER Section 22 “TEMPORARY TERMINATION OF STUDENT STATUS”
Registration for subjects and courses
Through the ETR (Studies/ My courses, Course registration tab) in accordance with the schedule of the current semester in both the autumn and the spring semesters. Registration for courses may be modified in accordance with the schedule for the given semester (for about 4 weeks after the beginning of the semester), that is, students may withdraw from a course or register for a course after the registration week as well. (AER Sections 41–42)
Payment of the tuition fee
The tuition fee can be paid in two equal instalments. The first 50% should be paid by the end of the first week of the semester, while the second 50% by 15 October in the autumn semester and by 15 March in the spring semester. The exact dates are listed in the schedule for the given semester.
Late payment will result in a HUF 3000 per week default interest (AER Sections 47–49).
Your current financial status can be checked on the Finances tab.
Where can I arrange matters in regard to payment of the tuition fee, scholarship and the student ID?
The Central Studies Office will provide you with the necessary assistance at Pécs, Szántó Kovács J. u 1/b.
At the Customer Service Centre
Monday through Friday, 09:00–15:00
Saturday from 09:00–12:00 (only in the study period)
7633 Pécs, Szántó K. J. u. 1/b.
7622 Pécs, Universitas u. 2/A (Knowledge Center)
OIG KTI Customer Service
7633 Pécs, Szántó Kovács János u. 1/b.
When is student status terminated?
Foreign grant opportunities
Our students have a number of opportunities under the Erasmus+ programme, as the Faculty currently has over 170 bilateral agreements with various European Universities (for the current list of the institutions available for application, see this link). By submitting an application for the grants announced twice a year (in the spring and in the autumn), our students can spend a semester or a full academic year at a European university chosen by them. In addition to study scholarships, our students can apply for field practice under the Erasmus+ programme.
For further information please contact Áron Bánáti, the Faculty’s international coordinator at one of the following contacts: firstname.lastname@example.org, +36/72/503-600/24126.
The Campus Hungary programme has also become quite popular in recent years, providing students with the opportunity to participate in short or one-semester study-abroad programmes and field practice in groups.
Further information can be found here or the Pécs Programme Office of the Programme Directorate of Balassi Institute – Campus Hungary; address: Szántó Kovács János utca 1/B, 7633 Pécs